In this hands-on tutorial, you will be able to add any product to our LandedCost.io Demo Store and calculate the product's import duties and taxes.
Let's get started!
For starters, the LandedCost.io Demo Store uses Google Sheets to manage its product catalog.
1. Open the LandedCost.io Demo Store Google Sheets
2. Find the first available row in the spreadsheet
At the time of creating this tutorial, Line 26 was the first available row.
3. Enter your product details into the Google Sheet
Below is a detailed explanation of the columns available in LandedCost.io Demo Store Google Sheet
|Google Sheet Column||Column Name||Explanation|
|A||sku||Your product's sku number. Any unique value is acceptable.|
|B||parentsku||Keep this column empty, unless you are creating a variant product.|
|C||producttype||Enter Simple for standalone products.|
|D||category||Enter your product's category.|
|E||name||Enter your product's name.|
|F||description||Enter your product's description.|
|G||additionaldescription||Enter your product's additional description, such as product features and dimensions.|
|H||price||Enter your product's price.|
|I||color||Enter your product's color. Examples, Blue, Black, White, Red|
|J||size||Enter your product's size. Examples, S, M, L, XL|
|K||imageurl||Enter your product's image URL.|
4. Save Your Product Details
From the main menu, click on Tools -> Macros -> PublishStoreData
The PublishStoreData function will publish the product details to the LandedCost.io Demo Store.
5. Go to the LandedCost.io Demo Store and Search for Your Product
LandedCost.io Demo Store URL: https://www.landedcost.io/demo
6. Click on the Product Image to View Product Details
6. Click on the Add to Cart Button
7. Click on the Proceed to Cart Button
8. At the Cart Page, Select the Ship From and Ship To Countries
9. Click on the Calculate Landed Cost Button
10. Import Duties and Taxes are Displayed
Thank you for reading, and hopefully performing, the steps in this hands-on import and duties calculation tutorial. If you have any questions regarding this tutorial or questions about import and duties calculation, please feel free to email us at email@example.com .